I can’t come up with anything that comes anywhere close to inspired to post! Or even so completely uninspired that it’s stupid. Here’s my meager, boring post, as much as I can make it anyway.
Little things that have happened recently:
- Daddy moved Granddad up here from Mississippi, but he’s currently in the hospital for a broken hip (among other things)
- We ladies went to a dear friend’s baby shower Saturday afternoon; I think we counted four expecting women there. It’s such a blessing for me to be around women who love their highest calling.
- Sunday evening we went, with the rest of our church, to a Lessons and Carols service at an Episcopal church. We sang a very interesting song that was written by a missionary to some Canadian Indians. I kinda had a problem with that one, but… who am I to judge?
- Monday morning Daddy, Mama, Claire, and I picked up our glasses. Unfortunately, Mama has changed her view on her glasses perfecting all the world’s problems… probably because she’s gone around with a pretty awful headache since then (although she’s decided that it’s probably not the glasses’ fault).
- Later that day we went to a used book store in Nashville!!! AWESOME! I love bookstores. 🙂
- Kyle and Luke went out and cut a cedar for our Christmas tree this afternoon; we’ll have our traditional tree-decorating “feast” tomorrow night (finger foods).
- I finished re-reading Sense and Sensibility this morning, and now I’m longing to have the new BBC movie in my possession, and/or (I’ve got to be careful, my romantic side is showing a little…) be a part of an even better production of that great book! I’m already Elinor in almost everything… I’ll even be 19 next year! 🙂 Okay, so I know acting’s not exactly my strong point, but hey! if I got to be Elinor, all I’d have to do is act like myself!
- Oh, yes, Claire didn’t make it to lessons today because the battery in the suburban was completely dead. We’re working on that now…
That’s got pretty much the last few days… I can’t remember much of anything before that right now. 😛 So, ’til next time!
Oh, wait. Random pic:
If that’s not random, I don’t know what is! This is from ’05 when we went to watch some people from one of Granddaddy’s churches make molasses. Delicious! That was the first (and so far only) time I ever had hot, fresh molasses. Oh, so good!
Hmmm… I managed to come up with much more than I thought I would! However, you’ll notice that I didn’t really have much to say, so I substituted with a bunch of nonsense or boring facts.